This document is part of the
MUD Resource Collection.
The number of individual FTP archives for MUD-related material is
proliferating, since there are only a few large sites archiving
material related to MUDs in general, rather than specific
servers. Therefore, this list is broken down by category.
Last update: January 16th, 1997
- LP and related
- Diku and related
- A major MUD archive, with reasonably up-to-date versions of most clients
and servers, the most up-to-date FAQs, pictures of MUDders, and documentation.
The emphasis here is on Tiny-style MUDs, although this is a reasonably
reliable place to find any client or server that lacks its own major FTP
- This was once one of the most popular and up-to-date collections of
MUD-related items. A lot of older things can still be found here, particularly
those which have vanished off other FTP sites.
- An archive containing a mixture of code for a variety of different MUDs.
Also serves as the primary distribution site for SMAUG (Diku/Merc derivative).
It is indexed by a WWW page.
- The archive for TinyFugue, the most popular MUD client available.
- WinSock Client Page
This page gives detailed, useful information about the various MUD clients
that utilize WinSock.
- This is the home page for a MUD client written in Java.
- Macintosh MUD Resources
MUDding and the Macintosh: clients, servers, and other useful bits.
(Formerly the archive at caisr2.caisr.cwru.edu)
The archive site for old MUDlists and general MUSH stuff (server code,
clients, MUSHcode packages, and documentation). This is the official
distribution point for TinyMUSH 2.0; the PennMUSH distributions here are
out of date, and TinyMUSH 2.2 has its own distribution site. Nonetheless,
there are some things of particular interest:
- MUSHcode Packages (various authors)
- TinyMUSH (version 2.0.10 patchlevel 5)
- TinyMUSH (version 2.0.10 patchlevel 6, also need patches)
- Kynn's MUSHcode Index
- This is an index for MUSHcode which is publicly available via FTP.
- A directory here is used for Amberyl's personal (small) FTP archive,
the distribution point for the TinyMUSH 2.2 source code, and other
MUSH-server-related things, as well as Tess Snider's handy
ascii-picture-to-MUSH-format translator. Development information for
TinyMUSH 2.2 is also available from a
password-protected archive (development
- TinyMUSH for the Macintosh
- The port of TinyMUSH for the Macintosh.
- An archive site for some useful utilities, including the logedit program,
which edits the output of logs into a prettified format (specifically for
MUSH, although the program can be tweaked for other types of MUDs).
Also, this is the official distribution point for PennMUSH.
- logedit 2.5 (written in C)
- logedit 2.6.8 (requires perl)
- PennMUSH (source and patches)
- TinyMUX Source
This is the FTP site for the TinyMUX source. TinyMUX is a variant of MUSH
based on TinyMUSH 2.0.10p6.
- The major archive site for LP-MUD and related drivers, including MudOS
and DGD. Other related material is also available here, including mudlibs,
documentation, and clients.
- Another archive site for LP-MUD and related drivers (MudOS, DGD, and CD).
Drivers, mudlibs, clients and documentation are available here.
A small archive of DikuMUD code (specifically the "Merc" variant), LP-MUD
mudlibs and drivers, and assorted related things. It's not always kept
The official archive site for CircleMUD, a DikuMUD variant.
- The archive site for MOO. It includes server code, core databases, and
documentation. There is also a collection of papers.
- The archive site for MUSE. It also contains some MOO and ColdMUD-related
- The archive site for CoolMUD. There's also a WWW
index to it.
- This is one of the archives for ColdMUD. ColdMUD has been abandoned by its
original author, but various splinter groups, such as the ColdX projects,
continue to work on it. More information is available on its
[Document Top] |
[Collection Index] |
Lydia Leong / firstname.lastname@example.org / August 16th, 1994