- 1.75 cups flour
- 1.25 tsp baking soda
- 0.25 tsp salt (can be omitted)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- 0.25 tsp ground cloves
- 0.5 cups low-fat oil
- 0.67 cups dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup applesauce
- 0.5 cups raisins or walnuts or both or neither
- Stir flour, baking soda, salt, and spices together.
- Mix oil, brown sugar, applesauce together.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the applesauce mixture.
- Add the raisins and walnuts.
- Bake in a greased 8- or 9-inch square pan at 350F for 35-40
minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick; it should
come out clean and dry.
Back to my dessert pages
Back to my recipe pages
Back to my fun pages
Back to my home page