Laura's brownie recipe
- Melt over very low heat
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 stick butter
- Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, beat with a wire whisk (or electric mixer)
- Until fluffy and uniform in color.
- Add 2 cups granulated sugar to the egg mixture
- add slowly, about 2 spoonfuls at a time
- beat until uniform in color and texture between additions
- if you dump it all in, it will taste fine, but you'll ruin the
- Add cooled chocolate mixture to egg/sugar mixture. Stir.
- Add 1 cup all-purpose flour.
- Stir in up to 1 cup surprises with flour.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven for 25 minutes.
Surprises can be chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts are best),
chocolate, butterscotch, or peanut butter chips grated coconut,
M&Ms, Reese's Pieces; don't use Jr. Mints or Raisinets.
Back to my dessert pages
Back to my recipe pages
Back to my fun pages
Back to my home page