Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1.5 cups unsifted flour
- 0.5 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 0.5 cups (1 stick) cold butter or margarine
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (or butterscotch chips or
white chocolate chips or a combination of any or all of these)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour and sugar.
- Cut in the butter or margarine until the dough is crumbly.
- Mix in 0.5 cups (about 3 oz) of the chips.
- Press dough firmly into the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan
- Bake 350F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl, mix the milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Add in the rest of the chips and the nuts.
- Pour and spread evenly over the prepared crust.
- Bake 350F for 20-25 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
- Store covered at room temperature.
In addition to varying or mixing the chips (chcolate, white
chocolate, butterscotch), you can add different nuts (peanuts,
walnuts, pecans) or even sprinkle shredded coconut on top. Be
Recipe originally copyright © 1993, Hershey
Foods Corporation and reprinted without permission.
Back to my dessert pages
Back to my recipe pages
Back to my fun pages
Back to my home page