- 1 stick butter
- 0.5 cups apple juice
- 0.5 cups honey or brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 8 cups old fashioned raw oats
- 4 tbsp brewer's yeast
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 0.25 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
Other options include chopped dried fruit, coconut, chopped banana
chips, sunflower seeds, assorted nuts, and so on. All these ingredients,
when used, should be added to the oat mixture.
- Melt the butter, apple juice, honey or brown sugar, and spices
in a small sauce pan.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats (and any optional ingredients
except dried fruit), yeast, wheat germ, milk, and walnuts.
Do not add the raisins or other dried fruit yet.
- Next, add the butter mixture (from step 1), mixing well.
- Place the entire mixture in a shallow baking pan and cook at
- Every 10 minutes, turn the mixture.
- Cook for 1 hour, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and add the raisins and any other dried
Back to my dessert pages
Back to my recipe pages
Back to my fun pages
Back to my home page