- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cups thinly sliced red onions
- 0.5 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In medium skillet melt butter or margarine over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and shallots; sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Increase heat to medium and cook until all liquid is evaporated
(about 15 minutes).
Serve warm or at room temperature; makes about 1 cup.
Back to my side dish pages
Back to my recipe pages
Back to my fun pages
Back to my home page