Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Recipe originally from WBrockman@cox.net.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 salt
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Wash sweet potatoes; bake at 375 for 1 hour or until done.
- Allow potatoes to cool to touch.
- Cut into 1-inch lengthwise strip from top of each potato;
carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- Combine potato pulp, orange juice, butter, and salt; beat
at medium speed of an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Stuff shells with potato mixture, and sprinkle and pecans.
- Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
Yield 6 servings
Back to my sidedish pages
Back to my recipe pages
Back to my fun pages
Back to my home page