- 40-ounce can of yams
- 1/2 to 2/3 of the juice from that can
- 1 glug of molasses (2-3 tbsp)
- 1 glug of orange juice (2-3 tbsp)
- 0.25 cups brown sugar
- Drain and measure juice from the yams into a cup.
- Put the yams in a pan.
- Put 1/3 of the juice back into the can; reserve.
- Mix the molasses, sugar, juice in the cup, and orange juice
in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the yams in the pan.
- Store the remaining juice in the can in the fridge.
- Stir every half-hour.
- Bake at 325F for 1-2 hours. If they're getting too dry, either add
more juice from the can in the refrigerator, or cover, or both.
Back to my side dish pages
Back to my recipe pages
Back to my fun pages
Back to my home page