- 20 cloves or more of garlic
- 2 sliced onions
- 1 sliced green pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 c peeled, sliced tomatoes (canned okay, fresh is better).
- 2 c vegetable broth
- 3 slices dark bread
- various spices such as: salt, pepper, basil, oregano
- parmesan cheese to shake over top
- Blanch garlic 30 seconds in boiling water (that is, boil water, throw
garlic cloves in for 30 seconds, then take them out and peel them,
then slice (don't crush) them).
- In large saucepan, sauté onions, garlic, pepper, until the
onion turns golden.
- Add tomatoes.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Pour in broth, then heat to boil.
- Add the bread, cubed, till desired consistency.
- Add spices.
- Pour yourself a bowl.
- Shake cheese on top
Back to my soup pages
Back to my recipe pages
Back to my fun pages
Back to my home page