- Part of a DNS
domain name, corresponding to a
component within a fully-qualified domain
- See Local Area Network (LAN).
- last in, first out (LIFO)
- A method of queue management where the last item in is the
first item out, much like a stack of papers. See also stack.
- See line buildout (LBO).
- See Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- See Light Emitting Diode (LED).
- legacy method
- A method developed by some means other than the current version of
ADE; for example, a C program, a shell script
or other non-CORBA-compatible routine.
- library object (LO)
- A common source of information about the known types of
objects. There is one library object
- Library Object Adapter (LOA)
- Library routines which provide an interface to
ORB services that is convenient for
the library object implementation.
- See last in, first out (LIFO).
- Light Emitting Diode (LED)
- A diode, or two-state device, that emits light in one state ("on")
and does not emit light in the other ("off"). LEDs are used to indicate
problems or diagnostic codes.
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- A protocol (defined in RFC 1777 and
for user information suitable for address books or phone books,
based on the OSI X.500
- line buildout (LBO)
- Engineering or designing the interface between two telecommunications
devices, such as Private Branch eXchanges
- See library object (LO).
- See Library Object Adapter (LOA).
- Local Area Network (LAN)
- A network of machines generally limited to a local area, such as
one or more floors of a building, or nearby buildings. See also
network, Wide Area
- Local Support Center (LSC)
- A regional or local support center, containing one or more personnel,
responsible for local hands-on support of network-related equipment.
- Looking up an IP address from its name in
DNS. See also reverse
- See Local Support Center (LSC).