Peppery Garlic Shrimp with Sherry Sauce
Makes 2 servings. This recipe can be doubled to serve 4.
- 0.5 cup dry sherry
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 0.125 to 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Boil sherry, 1 tbsp oil, lemon juice, garlic, and cayenne
pepper in a small heavy saucepan, until reduced to 0.25 cup,
about 7 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to blender or food processor.
- With the machine running, add 3 tbsp oil and mix until a
smooth sauce forms.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add parsley and blend in, pulsing the blender.
- Heat remaining tbsp of oil in heavy medium skillet over high
- Add shrimp and sauté until just cooked through, about
- Divide shrimp between plates, pour sauce over.
Back to my entree pages
Back to my recipe pages
Back to my fun pages
Back to my home page