- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 package (about 1.5 lbs.) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 10–12 oz. quartered artichoke hearts (defrosted from
- Zest of a lemon
- Juice of a lemon, about 4 tbsp.
- 4 tbsp. cognac
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tbsp. butter.
- Brown the chicken, about 4 minutes a side.
- Transfer the chicken to a 9x13-in. baking dish.
- Top the chicken with the artichoke hearts.
- In the skillet with the remaining butter (and browned chicken
fond), combine the cognac, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Once the sauce is warm, add the sour cream, and mix until
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and artichokes.
- Top it all with the parmesan and bread crumbs.
- Bake until hot and bubbly (about 30 minutes).
Serve with long grain and wild rice. A salad goes well with this.
I served it alongside (and over) long grain and wild rice, and had a side salad of red Romaine, grape tomatoes, a few more artichoke hearts, bacon bits, and shredded cheddar, in honey-mustard dressing.
Back to my entree pages
Back to my recipe pages
Back to my fun pages
Back to my home page