Macaroni and Cheese Deluxe
Recipe originally from WBrockman@cox.net.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Velveeta, cut into small cubes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2-quart
- Bring the large pot of salted water to a boil over high
heat. Add the oil, then the elbow macaroni, and cook until the
macaroni is just tender, about 7 minutes. Do not overcook.
Drain well. Return to the cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan, melt eight tablespoons of the butter.
Stir into the macaroni. In a large bowl, mix the Muenster, mild
and sharp Cheddar, and Monterey Jack cheeses. To the macaroni,
add the half-and-half, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, the
cubed Velveeta, and the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to the buttered casserole. Sprinkle with the remaining
1/2 cup of shredded cheese and dot with the remaining one
tablespoon of butter.
- Bake until it's bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes.
Back to my entree pages
Back to my recipe pages
Back to my fun pages
Back to my home page