- 2 lb. Italian sausage, sweet or hot
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small or 1/2 large onion, diced
- 3 14.5-ounce cans of diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 32 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp dried basil (more if the tomato sauce is unspiced)
- 1 tbsp dried marjoram (more if the tomato sauce is unspiced)
- 1 tbsp dried oregano (more if the tomato sauce is unspiced)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- Dollop of molasses
- 1 lb. penne rigate pasta
- In a large pot, brown the sausage and ground beef.
- Add the onion and cook until it starts to get tender.
- Add the garlic.
- When the garlic's started to get tender, add the tomatoes,
tomato sauce, spices, and molasses.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add the pasta, and cook for 30-45 minutes until the pasta is
Serve with garlic toast and a salad with Italian dressing.
Back to my entree pages
Back to my recipe pages
Back to my fun pages
Back to my home page