<email@example.com> posted the following recipe to
soc.motss in August 2001.
- 1 lb. deveined shrimp
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatos, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fine olive oil
- 2-4 medium cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Course salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
This is a quick cook, so get your ingredients together before
- In a 12" non-stick skillet, pour olive oil and heat on high
until a thin smoke starts to rise.
- Throw in onions and garlic and a minute later tomatos.
- Cut lemon and orange in half and with a citrus reamer, ream
them but good.
- Strain juice through seive and add to skillet.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including shrimp, continuing
to cook on high for about 2 minutes.
- Throw in a teaspoon of lemon zest and reduce to simmer for
2 more minutes.
You'll think you had died and gone to San Francisco.
Back to my entree pages
Back to my recipe pages
Back to my fun pages
Back to my home page