- 4 quarts water
- 0.33 cup wine vinegar (red or white)
- 3 tbsp salt
- 4 salmon steaks, about 6 oz. each
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh dill for garnish
- Boil the water, wine vinegar, and salt.
- Add the salmon steaks, layering them on top of each other as
- Reduce heat to simmer. The fish should just shiver in the
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes (8 is probably better).
- Remove fish from poaching liquid, pat dry, and remove skin.
- Halve and remove the seeds from the cucumber.
- Make cross-cuts to it to dice the cucumber.
- Sauteé the diced cucumber in the butter until tender.
- Season the cucumber with salt, pepper, and a little bit of
- Serve the fish, surrounded with the cucumber mixture, and
cover with one of the following sauces:
- Hollandaise sauce (a recipe can be found in any gourmet
- Butter (melted)
- Lemon-dill sauce (lemon, dill, and butter, with a dash
of white wine)
Back to my entree pages
Back to my recipe pages
Back to my fun pages
Back to my home page