This recipe is a variation on the traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner that Vicky Harper (the wife
of a friend and former coworker) made.
- Can of black cherries
- 2 pears, any variety
- Rinse the pears.
- Clean the turkey.
- Stuff the pears into the turkey.
- Pour the cherries over the turkey.
- Cover with a foil tent.
- Bake at 325 F for 30 minutes per pound.
- Remove the foil for the last 45 minutes.
- Lose the cooked cherries — or better, use them as the
basis for a sauce — and garnish with uncooked cherries.
Back to my entree pages
Back to my recipe pages
Back to my fun pages
Back to my home page