The Almost-Complete List of MUSHes: P - T
- Paris: Les Fleurs du Mal: located at cybersoul.com 8991.
- The usual assortment of White Wolf supernaturals, this time in Paris.
It has a home page.
- Patternfall: located at misc.acf.nyu.edu 4444.
- Based on Roger Zelazny's novels and the Amber Diceless RPG, just after
the Patternfall War. It involves many of the same players as AmberMUSH
(though the games are completely unrelated in administration), but the
environment is more similar to that of a GameMastered LARP than the
strong-consent cooperative roleplaying environment of AmberMUSH. It is
a game of moderate size, though it is still in a state of rapid modification
(almost in a pre-opening state). It is registration; character concepts
should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
There is an unofficial home
- Pax Magica: located at mellers1.psych.berkeley.edu 7911.
- Based on the Mythic Europe of the Ars Magica roleplaying game, this
game is based in Venice of 1201, just prior to the Fourth Crusade. History
and myth blend in a world where peasant superstitions are reality. The
emphasis is upon roleplaying within a carefully-detailed historical world,
with elements of the supernatural; plots will concentrate upon intrigue,
politics, and urban life. More details are available from its extensive
- PernMUSH: located at astral.magic.ca 4201.
- Now over three years old, it's one of the longest-lived
roleplaying MUSHes around; it's still not a bad place for a beginner to
get started. Players connected simultaneously at night often exceed 130.
The world tends to be event-driven. Emphasis is placed on personal
advancement within the society. One of the players maintains an
unofficial home page.
- Post Maxin: located at arcade.com 1990.
- (4/20/95) This is a private MUSH, apparently, with character
registration required, to email@example.com. The WHO command is
disabled from the login screen (a hardcode customization whose disabling at
login seems to be at least mildly paranoid). It is a roleplaying sci-fi
themed MUSH. Despite maintainer assurance that this is still up, I haven't
been able to connect to it since 12/9/94.
- PrairieMUSH: located at bluestem.prairienet.org 4201.
- This MUSH is a branch of PrairieNet, a public information service for
Eastern and Central Illinois. It is primarily for PrairieNet members to
chat on, though non-members are welcome, and there are some areas intended
to be used for light roleplay. It's open to everyone, with new players
welcome; questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Protean: located at leo.unm.edu 6250.
- (4/20/95) What is there to say? One more World of Darkness MUSH
under construction. The setting is Seattle.
- Purgatory: located at wsnet.com 6666.
- (10/30/95) A cyberpunkish futuristic World of Darkness.
It has a home page. Review forthcoming.
- RealmsMUX: located at shark.cc.cc.ca.us 6250.
- (10/30/95) Review forthcoming.
- RealTime MUSH: located at realtime.pci.on.ca 6125.
- (4/24/95) This MUSH is associated with the RealTime radio program
in Toronto, Canada. It's fairly standard small social MUSH. More information
is available via the
RealTime home page.
- Requiem: located at gangrel.hybrid.com 2030.
- (3/5/95, last successful connect 6/8/95)
This World of Darkness MUSH-under-construction is set
in the year 2027, and it's a cross between the usual World of Darkness
supernatural gothic-punk setting and a cyberpunk setting. It takes various
liberties with the standard White Wolf setting, as well, changing around
clan relations and power levels. It's still under construction; more
information is available on
its home page.
- RiftMUSH II: located at cave.pg.md.us 4444.
- (3/5/95, last successful connect 6/9/95) Some of the
administrators of the original RiftMUSH have banded together to put
together another one. This is based upon Raymond E. Feist's Riftwar and
Empire novels. This game is currently down from loss of site.
- Robotech MUSH: located at robotech.df.lth.se 2142.
- (3/6/95, last successful connect on 10/18/94, returned 10/95)
This MUSH is a return of a game which closed in
November 1993; it is a reconstruction with a different administrative group
and goals. It is based upon the Robotech comics, novels, and so forth,
originally a Japanese production and licensed in the United States by
Harmony Gold. The timeframe is 2011, three books into the Macross Saga
(first series) era.
- Royalty MUSH: located at omega.ru.ac.za 4201.
- (11/1/95) Review forthcoming.
- SacMUSH: located at sacmush.swac.edu 4201.
- (7/4/95) A small, evidently partially-private social MUSH of
the usual buddies-on-campus-schlock-something-together variety.
- Sanguinis Nobilis: located at colossus.acusd.edu 4444.
- (3/6/95) One more World of Darkness MUSH. It's London, this time.
This is still under construction. It intends to focus on Camarilla politics,
permitting anyone to play a vampire; it utilizes the simplified rules from
the Mind's Eye Theatre. More information is available via its
- Shadowrun MUSH: located
at shadowrun.dnaco.net 4201.
- Based on FASA's Shadowrun game. Traditional cyberpunk, with
megacorporations, magic, and various other oddities. More
information is available via its home page.
- ShardsMUSH: located at vesta.unm.edu 7777.
- Yet Another Pern MUSH, this one set just before the Seventh Pass of the
Red Star, in the northwestern area of the Northern Continent. Quite small
- SolarMUSH: located at solar.sky.net 6250.
- (4/20/95) A science-fiction themed building/social MUSH. It is
still tiny, very much under construction, and not yet open to the public.
- Solar Realms: located
at solrelms.netnet.net 7221.
- (4/20/95) This also goes by the name "Stellar Conflict". It
is a roleplaying MUX set in the year 2350, with starships, space
exploration, and the like.
- SouCon: located at
- Another Pern-based MUSH, this one set on the Southern Continent, in
the time frame of PernMUSH (which covers the Northern
Continent). It's structurally similar to PernMUSH, but with far more
adminstrative restrictions, and a much smaller, more intimate player
- Spatial Wastes MUSH: located at hazelnut.enmu.edu 2001.
A multi-genre futuristic space-themed MUSH, based on the idea of first
contact with an alien race.
- Star Wars MUSH: located at starwars.arcade.com 4402.
- This MUSH is, as its name suggests, based on Lucasfilm's Star Wars.
The setting is two years after the Battle of Endor and the destruction of the
Emperor and Darth Vader; the fledgling New Republic and the remnants of the
Empire are scrambling for control. This MUSH does not necessarily follow the
storyline established by Timothy Zahn's novels (or the other recent Star Wars
novels published by Bantam). More information is available from its
- Star Wars II: A New Threat: located at aptlata.wpi.edu 1999.
- (4/20/95) This MUSH, based on Star Wars, is one of the three
fragmentations of the original Star Wars MUSH. Though technically open to
the public since mid-February, it's still rather small. It is based around
the New Republic, and set five years after "Return of the Jedi". The
game has lost its site; the present site listing is just a port announcer.
- Star Wars III: The Minos Cluster: located at cachenet.com 4202.
- (5/17/95) This MUSH, also based on Star Wars, is the third and
final fragmentation of the original Star Wars MUSH. It is a relatively
small MUSH, based three years after the Battle of Yavin, in an area of the
galaxy called the Minos Cluster, far from the civilized worlds. It is a
low-tech area with no known space travel, where the Empire and Rebellion
battle for control.
- Star Wars: the Movie MUSH: located at lightlink.satcom.net 4201.
- (10/30/95) Review forthcoming.
- The Storyteller's Circle: located at games.io.com 6666.
- "TSC" was formerly the "White Wolf Games Online Studio", the only one of
the many Storyteller MUSHes "officially" run by White Wolf. Since that time,
White Wolf has stopped officially sanctioning MUSHes and simply given
blanket permission to use the system on-line. Presently, TSC is intended
as a general resource to the RPG and MUSH communities, though there is
still a distinct emphasis on White Wolf games. It has a
- Tales of Ta'veren: located at fly.ccs.yorku.ca 4201.
- (8/11/94) Based on Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time novels.
Contact email@example.com for information, or see the
game's home page.
This MUSH is still in a pre-opening stage. It is presently registration-only;
email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a character.
- Tela Magica: located at tela.wizards.com 6250.
- Based in the Normandy Tribunal of the "Mythic Europe" setting of the
roleplaying game Ars Magica (formerly published by White Wolf, now
published by Wizards of the Coast). Character generation is complex; it
helps to have some knowledge of the system. This game has been down since
August of 1994; it is waiting for a site to be provided by WotC, and
will return in a modified form.
- Terran Corridor: located at midgard.cbi.msstate.edu 3034.
- (7/5/95) Battletech 3034: The Terran Corridor. This is based on
FASA's Battletech game. It emphasizes an integration of roleplaying with
the combat aspects of Battletech mech combat, and though the roleplaying
is primarily "lip service", it at least has a reasonably militaristic feel.
The coded systems are smooth and fast, and the MUSH itself is, by and
large, free of the lag that plagues many other MUDs with complex combat.
The MUSH itself is of moderate size. Character registration is required;
one specifies a name and an email address at the connect screen, and the
character is automatically created and the password emailed.
- Texas Twilight MUSH: located at ferrari.sgi.com 6300.
- Yes, it's another World of Darkness MUSH. This time, the setting is
Dallas, Texas, in 1996. As usual, it supports Mages, Vampires, and Garou.
Some time ago, it went through a purge of the supernaturals, so to speak. This
was accomplished by simply retconning every bit of Vampire roleplay over
the past year, while maintaining the rest of the continuity. If this sounds
like a major contradiction of reasonability and sanity, well, yes, you're
right. Nonetheless, it was done, resulting in a fairly impressive player
exodus. Unsurprisingly, Texas Twilight is doing some heavy recruiting now.
Debate still rages as to whether or not it's "recovered". There's more
information on its
(Despite the site name, the speed of the network connection makes it
highly unlikely that this is a standard 14.4KB SLIP connection; there's
no observable netlag under normal circumstances.)
- Threadfall: located at mars.galstar.com 7777.
- (7/4/95) Yet Another Pern MUSH. It's small, focused upon
Fort Weyr, and, as is to be expected, highly derivative of the original
PernMUSH and its zillions of spin-offs.
- TinyCWRU: located at caisr2.caisr.cwru.edu 4201.
- A very large, very old social MUSH. The number of players connected at
any given time is, however, relatively low, due to sometimes extreme lag.
It has a home page which is also home
to the web2mush experimental link. Its machine also hosts a large
FTP site for MUD information.
- TinyTIM: located at yay.tim.org 5440.
- Silliness abounds, in an uncontrolled environment. This is the place to
be if you're not interested in getting anything serious accomplished. It's
currently the oldest MUSH in existence, started over four years ago,
and at present it has one of the largest still-running
MUSH databases. It's running its very own divergent brand of MUSHcode.
For more information about TinyTIM, look through
its home page or
its FTP site.
- Tombstone: located at potatoes.nmt.edu 1880.
- (5/17/95) This is a World of Darkness MUSH set in the Wild
West. It is still under construction.
- TooMUSH: located at cesium.clock.org 6666.
- This is where the server hacks, programmers,
and other assorted wizards hang out. No theme, almost no rules,
join the clue hangouts if you can find 'em. It's a particularly popular
hangout for PernMUSH and AmberMUSH players.
- ToonMUSH III: located at brahe.phys.unm.edu 9999.
- (9/17/94) This is a game where players are cartoons -- Disney,
Warner Brothers, Anime, and so forth. It's a social MUSH. It shares some
players in common
with the previous attempts at MUSHes based on Toons; this one, however,
just started in mid-September.
- Transformers MUSH: located at rowan.liii.com 1985.
- (last connect 3/6/95, regained site 9/95)
Based upon the Transformers toys manufactured by Hasbro. The Transformers
(the "good" Autobot robots and the "evil" Decepticon robots) were also the
subject of an animated TV series.
- Transformers 2005: located at rowan.liii.com 5555.
- (3/6/95) The second attempt at a roleplaying MUSH based on the
Transformers. Lots of people running around having power fantasies and
doing the "my gun is bigger than your gun" thing; nonetheless, an attempt
is being made to structure a cooperative "faction"-based roleplaying
environment. More information is available via its
- Trinity: located at telmaron.com 5250.
- (10/18/94) One more World of Darkness MUSH. The setting is the
Research Triangle of North Carolina, in 1999. The database was evidently
destroyed by some sort of disaster; it's presently in a reconstruction
- TrippyMUSH: located at trippy.org 7567.
- An unthemed MUSH, roughly similar in structure and mood to TinyTIM (which
formerly was located at Clarkson), but smaller and with far fewer players.
Both games are geared toward silliness, though TrippyMUSH goes to greater
lengths to make itself unthemed; this is a pure-social MUSH. It has
a home page.
- TwoMoons: located at lupine.org 4201.
- (last successful connect 7/3/95)
Based upon Wendy and Richard Pini's ElfQuest comics. Some use is made
of the ElfQuest roleplaying game rules. This is a relatively "light"
MUSH, with socially-oriented roleplaying. This game is down for 4-6 weeks
for a site move.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M [Almost-Complete List]
N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z [Automated List]
Lydia Leong / email@example.com / November 1st, 1995